question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

Dex2Mgr instrument list and display parameters

put_InstrumentIDList - what can be passed to this function? Is it possible to ask for all instruments starting with "A*" or ending with "*.COL" ?

put_DisplayParam - Is there any manual of possible display parameters? C++ example has RH:In CH:Fd - what do they mean?

Thanks.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

Refer to the Developer's Guide, InstrumentIDList contains single or multiple instruments to be used in an RData request. Commas or semi-colons are used as field separators. It doesn't support wildcards.

For DisplayParam, you can also refer to the Developer's Guide or Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Help page in Display Parameters for RData at PARAMETERS > PARAMETERS BY FUNCTION > RDATA PARAMETERS (FOR LEGACY DATA).

For example:

• RH:In means that instruments are used as row headers (Reuters Instrument Codes are known as RICs)
  • RH:Fd means that fields are used as row headers. If you display Fd as the row header, Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office displays the field label for both real-time and fundamental fields
  • RH:D means that dates are used as row headers

rdata.png (24.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@igorg
In addition to the response from @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, for InstrumentIDList you can use the same inputs as in the first argument of =TR worksheet function in Eikon Excel including an equity screener expression string, which allows you to perform criteria search for companies. To learn about what inputs you can use in the first argument of =TR worksheet function in Eikon Excel see the Help article for the function, which you can access from Thomson Reuters ribbon in Excel - Help - Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Help.

Thanks for your answer.. I will check that help after I solve my problem with dex2 creation (I created another question in this forum)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.