question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 2

Ask a question about Reuters API

Currently, the MTS (Market Trading system) is using the Reuters API to acquire market data.

* MTS is our bank system.

Because MTS changes Java version in January 2020 due to EOS project,

I want to check whether or not it is necessary to change the Reuters API vertion.

MTS is using Reuters API's version is below.

■ rfa.jar
⇒ 7.2.1.E 2

■ RDMFieldDictionary
⇒ 4.10.06 _ TREP - RT

■ enumtype.def
⇒ 4.10.06 _ TREP - RT - 12.91

MTS will change Java verion to "OpenJDK Version 8" in January 2020.

Do we need to change Reuters' jar file?

treprfarfa-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@yukiko_yamana

Hi,

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @yukiko_yamana

Yes. We strongly recommend you change Reuters API to RFA Java 8.1.0.E2 which includes the latest bug fixes. If you have any difficulties downloading the RFA package, please contact rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com .RFA 7.2.1.E2 has been end of life and no longer supported. All investigation that Thomson Reuters are making here would be on the supported RFA version(RFAJ7.6 or higher) and environments e.g. JDK 1.7.x and 1.8.x. All OpenJDK Versions are not supported as well. This is mentioned in API Compatibility Matrix shown below:

To upgrade from RFA 7.2 to RFA 8.x, Please refer to RFA_Java_package\Docs\WebDocs\wwhelp\wwhimpl\js\html\wwhelp.htm in API Migration and Schedule of Deprecated Interfaces section under Documentation Portal-> Helpful Hints as shown below:

Moreover, RFA 8 also provides RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def e.g. version 4.20.28 (in RFA 8.1.0.E2) which are newer than version 4.10.06 you are using. Hence, you should replace your current dictionary files with the ones shipped with RFA 8.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for your answering.

I understand that the API which MTS currently uses has ended its support.

I did not know how to access the document that told me.

Please tell me how to access "Documentation Portal" or URL.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @yukiko_yamana

You can access Documentation Portal at this link . If you cannot access the link, please contact rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com .Then, you will see API Migration and Schedule of Deprecated Interfaces section under Documentation Portal-> Helpful Hints as shown in the figure above.

Upvotes
3 1 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for your answering.

I could see it.

MTS uses "Oracle JDK" and my description is incorrect.

How can I get the Reuters API (RFA Java 8.1.0.E 2)?
Also, can I get it free?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @yukiko_yamana

You can download RFA Java 8.1.0.E 2 at this link . Unfortunately, only the users who registers for TRDC subscription service(paid service) can download it. Please contact rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com in order to register the service.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.