For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

reInitialize worldcheck system case id.

Hello,

When we use World-Check we create a case,initialize it and request the list of hits. How do you expect the system behaves when you initialize the same world-check system case ID again for example a few months later? Do you expect receiving ( when new hits are available) the list of hits with the recent added hit? Or do I misunderstand?

What I like to hear is that after a "reinitialize" we receive the latest "snapshot" of the database.

The reason for this question is because I did it with an existing system case id. I received a list of hits and when I reqested the reference details a hit returned a 404 not found.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards,

world-checkworld-check-oneerror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
196 2 0 4

Hello @bjorn.somers,

Thank you for your query.It depends if the you have enabled the case for ongoing screening? Due to recent WC Content Updates some obsolete profiles might have been removed, can i have the WC unique id of your hit to check please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

Hello,

We enabled ongoing screening. The WC uniqu e id is e_tr_wci_689207.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Bjorn

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
196 2 0 4

Hello @bjorn.somers,,

I see, thanks for your feedback, not sure if you've noticed there's another query on this profile too. As explained there that this one was likely to have been removed due to recent WC Content Updates. Please let me know if you have further query. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

Hello,

So If I understand correctly. If we request the results of a case ( SEQ 5b ) that has OGS enabled could it be that the some wcref are removed even if worldcheck supplies it with

( SEQ 5b )?

Do you have some recommendation how to handle this error? Are we supposed to capture the 404 error and ignore the wcref of that systemcaseID? Because we got alot of 404 not found errors the other day.

Kind Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

Are we supposed to request the ongoing screening results in order to get a list of system case ID so we can get its references or are we allowed to iterate over ervery known systemcaseId in our database to ask for its latest results?

What i'm asking is could it be that systemcaseId's (that are not in the OGS result list ) are not stable yet and that we receive sometimes a 404 not found?

Kind Regards,

Bjorn

icon clock
10 |1500

@bjorn.somers

The best way to find out if a case has an update due to OGS is to use the API "SEQ-9: Monitor ongoing screening updates on cases".

This API will give you the list of all the case system Ids that has new results or updated result due to OGS screening.

You have to use a datetime range as a payload while sending the request so that the only case system Ids having updates on a specified timeline is displayed

Upvote
4.2k 8 5 6

@bjorn.somers

Apologies for a delayed response on this.

Generally you would not get a 404 not found response when trying to pull the WC profile of an entity/match populated due to OGS. 404 not found response is generally noticed on matches populated on initial screening and not OGS screening. However, you may get few matches in a case (OGS enabled) for which review would be triggered if there are changes in the WC profile of the existing matches on the case, for example: the profile being removed by our research team.

So the answer to your question is yes, some wcref are removed even if worldcheck supplies it with and you would get a 404 not found when querying it, for a case that is OGS enabled. But I think this should be applicable only for the existing matches.

Also, Yes, you can ignore these wcrefs as these WC profiles have been removed from the WC1 database. However, the client should make sure the wcref or the referenceIds that they are using is correct.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
4.2k 8 5 6

@bjorn.somers

The reason you are getting a 404 profile not found response from our API "SEQ-5c: Get a World-Check profile" when sending a referenceID/wcref is because the WC profile may have been removed from our Db, provided the referenceID you are using is correct. I can confirm that the profile e_tr_wci_689207 is a correct referenceID but has been removed from our system.

Thomson Reuters periodically remove World-Check profiles, or remove details from profiles, for various reasons, including:

• a disqualification period ends
    • complete removal from a law or regulatory enforcement list
    • the individual should no longer be defined as a PEP
    • a profile has been duplicated
    • a change to the circumstances that we originally profiled
    • aged post-conviction information
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.