question

Upvotes
Accepted
51 14 19 15

How to resolve a 403 Forbidden error for EDP?

After getting a valid access token, every time I request time series data executing each of "Get Timeseries Data" request for Postman and "timeSeries.py" for Python which are provided in the EDP pages as per the tutorial, I receive an error with error code 403 with a message "access denied. Scopes required to access the resource [trapi.data.historical-pricing.summaries.read]".

How can I resolve this error?

<Postman>

<Python>

@Yuzuru.Sekido

@Yuji.Takahashi

@taku.yamada

@Nobuhiro.Oka

@tatsuya.fujiyoshi

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @hiroko.yamaguchi,

It is likely the case you are not permissioned to view that content. You can verify what you are permissioned for from: https://emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com/Apps/APIDocs/.

Within that page, you can see your APIs (endpoints) you are permissioned:

ahs.png (79.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you both for your prompt advice! As you assumed, it looks like I have no permission to access the time series data. I'll ask the product team to grant my credentials the right to access it.

Sorry again, but I could retrieve the QPS(Quantitative Analytics) data via EDP API even though I can see any endpoints related to QPS under "My APIs" on the APIDocs.

Based on this, there are some contents whose endpoints are not displayed under "My APIs" on APIDocs but we can have access to as exceptions?

capture.jpg (62.9 KiB)
capture1.jpg (137.9 KiB)

Hi @hiroko.yamaguchi,

I can't explain the discrepancy. I would reach out to the product team and bring this to their attention.

thanks.

Thanks, it would be great if you could let me know any comments from the product team if you would have any.

Upvote
13.7k 26 8 12

@hiroko.yamaguchi, it looks like your account is not permissioned for timesries data. I suggest you check with your account manager what entitlements are associated with your account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.