Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Trying to convert an Excel search line to python

Hello all, i am trying to convert this excel field into a python line, is there any easy way of doing it, i did go through the api documentation and could not find a suitable answer or call for it.

TR(RSearch("ECONOMIC",A6:B6,"NBROWS:2000",,),"ECI_ACT_DT; ACT_VAL_NS; TR.IndicatorType; CTB_LOC1; DSPLY_NME2; FCAST_PRD; RPT_UNITS; ECON_ACT; RTR_POLL; FCAST_ACRY; ECON_PRIOR; TR.IndicatorSource; TR.IndicatorPeriodicity; TR.InstrumentDescription","UPDFRQ=SNAP START=2018-08-24 END=2018-09-30 CH=Fd RH=IN",C3)

Thank you in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@JCrystal I am afraid that is not possible, as there is not equivalent to the RSearch in python. Not too sure what the Start/End params refer to though. Anyway if you have the list of indicators, it would look something like this:

fields = ['ECI_ACT_DT', 'ACT_VAL_NS', 'TR.IndicatorType', 'CTB_LOC1',
          'DSPLY_NME2', 'FCAST_PRD', 'RPT_UNITS', 'ECON_ACT', 'RTR_POLL',      'FCAST_ACRY', 'ECON_PRIOR','TR.IndicatorSource', 
          'TR.IndicatorPeriodicity','TR.InstrumentDescription']

df, e = tr.get_data(['CARSLS=ECI','USMPMP=ECI'], fields=fields, parameters={'SDate':'2018-08-24', 'EDate':'2018-09-30'})

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Yes it did. The Start and End was an attempt to control the data on the in munch the same way the EE page does. Thank U

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.