question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 2 3

DSWS API - SEARCH FOR COMPANIES AND CODES

How do I get list of company names, and TR mnemonic code (eg 319608 for Astrazeneca)? I would like define my list as either matching a partial string search (eg *zenec*), specific stock exchange (eg LON)?

I know how to get a list based on an index (eg LFTSE100), but its the other two search options I'm struggling with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

apidatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi @afsarleeds

There is a basic search within DSWS that will allow a short response back based on a partial name search, i believe it only pulls back the top 5 responses across all content sets.

This can be done in a snapshot request with the value being the word you are searching on and the datatype being DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP.

You can restricted the response back to a category for example Equities

DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Category=Equities)

You can also change the default of 5 series being returned to a different number

DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Count=20)

It does have limits so for example if you used "Astraz" then you will get back Astrazeneca but just "zenica" will fail.

The only way to get a list of all instruments on an exchange is either to use an exchange list for UK (I would recommend FBRIT) or use Navigator directly and create a list from their using the filters on the left hand side

Regards

Paul

navigator.jpg (85.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.