question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

Support for Java v11 and AZUL Java v8

Hi,

We are currently using RFA JAVA v8.0.0.L2. We want to know if RFA supports either JAVA v11 or AZUL Java v8. If so may I know in which version of RFA this is being supported?

Regards,

Madhavi

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS Only>

The customer has an additional question, so we are waiting for the answer from @iain.scott.

Hello @gimkala.madhavi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

Currently, there is no any RFA Java version which supports JAVA v11 and AZUL Java v8. All RFA Java supports JDK 1.7 and 1.8 only.

You can find this info in the API Compatibility Matrix that shows our products compatibilities that we currently support as shown below:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 3
@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Thanks for your response. How about in EMA? Is there any plan to support Java v11 or Azul v8 in EMA?

Also please let us know will there any feature upgrades for RFA in future?

Regards,

Madhavi

icon clock
10 |1500

I have contacted the product manager(Iain Scott) who can answer these questions.

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

The product team confirmed that there is no plan to support Java v11 and AZUL v8 in EMA and RFA.

Upvotes
665 3 5 6

@gimkala.madhavi

With respect to RFA, this API is now "feature complete", i.e. no new features.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 3

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hi,

As we know Java 8 EOL is in near future (~January,2019). We have couple of queries around RFA, can you please clarify below :

• 1.Is RFA v8.x compatible with open JDK? If yes which version and brand?
  • 2.Please confirm again there is no future plan to migrate RFA to Java v11
  • 3.If there is no plan to upgrade RFA , please let us know if there is any alternative plan for RFA after January,2019

Regards,

Madhavi

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

1. No. RFA v8.x is not compatible with open JDK. Please see the API Compatibility Matrix that shows our products compatibilities that we currently support

2. Yes. There is no future plan to migrate RFA to Java v11 because RFA is complete feature product.

3. As far as I know, there is no any alternative plan for RFA after January 2019.

I recommend you send an email to Iain Scott, iain.scott@thomsonreuters.com, who is RFA product owner and can provide you with the plan for RFA Java.

Upvotes
1 0 0 3

Hi,

Can you please update on this thread? This is bit urgent.

Regards,

Madhavi

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

I have followed up RFA product owner,iain.scott@thomsonreuters.com,
for an update of this question. I will inform you once I get a response from him.

Hello @gimkala.madhavi

Our product owner informed that we don’t have any plans to support OpenJDK but we are planning JDK 1.9, 10 and 11 for this year for Elektron SDK. There is no plan for RFA to support other compilers.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.