Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 6 4 12

Retrieve future chain using chain RIC

Does Eikon Python Data API support retrieving the Future Chain using Chain RIC?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

There may be some exceptions to this, but in general yes. E.g.

ek.get_data('0#C:',['TRDPRC_1','OPINT_1','EXPIR_DATE'])
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Using Chain Ric 0#SFC:, I found that one of the retrieved contracts is Index rather than Futures, which is .FTXIN9. Does this mean this way will also return the associated Index symbols?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Are you asking if you can rely on the index RIC being included in the future chain? The answer is no. Some future chains include the RIC for the underlying, some don't.

Let me put it in this way. With this call:

ek.get_data('0#SFC:',['TRDPRC_1','OPINT_1','EXPIR_DATE'])

I am receiving the following RICs: /.FTXIN9, /SFCV8, /SFCX8, /SFCZ8, /SFCH9, /SFCM9, /SFCU9. All are regular Futures contracts except /.FTXIN9, which is an index. The question is how to change this call to make it only return Futures contracts?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.