Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How can I import a shareholder history report through the eikon python API?

I would like to import a shareholder history report for a company as a pandas dataframe, i.e. at least the absolute amount of capital invested and the changes therein. Preferably though I would like to get the complete shareholder history report in the same structure as you can simply download it in excel. I have not been able to find the respective code for that in the instrument browser. If someone would be able to provide a coding example, that would be very helpful! Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apipandas
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @henry.hildebrandt

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@henry.hildebrandt

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@henry.hildebrandt

So, this will give you the current snapshot:

df, e = tr.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.SharesHeld.InvestorPermID', 'TR.SharesHeld.Value'], {'SDate':'0D'})

This - last calendar year end:

df, e = tr.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.SharesHeld.InvestorPermID', 'TR.SharesHeld.Value'], {'SDate':'0CY'})

You can issue a second request to look up which perm id represents which company:

codes = df['Investor Perm Id'].apply(lambda x: f'{x:.0f}').tolist()
cmp, e = tr.get_data(codes, ['TR.CommonName'])

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You can also use a TR.InvestorFullName field to get the full name of the investor.

df, e = ek.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.InvestorFullName', 'TR.SharesHeld'], {'SDate':'0D'})

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.