For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 2 4

Machine readble news for .NET or C#

The code example listed here is not working.. The link seems to be broken..

Tutorial 8 - Request and Decode Machine Readable News

Is the RFA.NET recommended way to consume MRN from Elektron? Is it supported, or any drawbacks of using this approach?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk.netmrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @rvadapally,

Which link is broken? The first one above does refer to the proper tutorial. The RFA.NET one points to some public site, not related to Elektron. I assume you mean this link?.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @rvadapally,

Yes, it is an access issue. You will need to reach out to your Refinitiv sales rep to grant you access to this content. The message you received should have indicated this as opposed to the "Something went wrong" message. I will raise this to the development team.

Regarding the question "Is the RFA.NET the recommended way to consume..."?. If you are limited to only use .NET, then yes, this is presently the way to go. If this is new development and you have flexibility to use either C++ or Java, I would recommend to use our strategic Elektron Message APIs. They are designed to be significantly easier to use.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 3 2 4

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @rvadapally,

I just tried it and it worked. Does it continually give you this error message? Try logging out and back in and give it another go.

I tried logout and login, and continuing to get the error. Could it be an access issue.. Is this available for everyone or need to have a trial license or something?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.