For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 1

Streaming feeds for currency data EUR/USD, JPY/USD... JAVA BASED API

Hi All, I am developing a java based low latency applications for currency spot pricing.

Can some one help me which API could I use from Reuters and subscribes to the currency FEED? Making a REST call is not suitable to Reuters as I assume the currency prices will be changing every 10/50/100 mili seconds.

Looking for some urgent help on this...

eikon-data-apielektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @pankaj.singh

This project link you mentioned shows how to implement the Elektron Message API Java (EMA Java) with Kotlin language to consume data. Anyway, you can develop a Java application calling EMA Java to consume streaming real-time currency data.

EMA is one part of the Elektron Software Development Kit, or Elektron SDK. Elektron SDK provides the APIs which can consume and publish streaming real-time data. The EMA allows applications to consume data at the message level of the API stack. The message level is set on top of the transport level which is handled by the Elektron Transport API or ETA (the previous name is UPA). The Elektron SDK consisting of EMA and ETA can be shown as the figure below:

Therefore, you can choose either EMA or ETA to consume currency data according to your requirements. For more details, please refer to Elektron Overview.

You can jump to Elektron Message API Java Quick Start or Elektron Transport API Java Quick Start which provides Java example application source code and the steps to run the application to consume data in the short time. To learn how to develop EMA or ETA to consume data steps by steps with the example application source code, please refer to EMA Consumer Tutorials or ETA Consumer Tutorials.

Hope this help.

elektronsdk.png (81.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 2 1

I came accross these API https://github.com/TR-API-Samples/Example.EMA.Java.Kotlin and example. I hope this is what I am looking for. Can some clarify on this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.