For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 1

Any idea, how frequently the market data changes for currency feeds?

I came across a article where it mentions Reuters have an update on API where it changes the currency feeds every 100 ms it was in 2016.

Any idea how frequently it changes the feeds in 2018..

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkapijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@pankaj.singh

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@pankaj.singh, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @pankaj.singh For a real time feed, update rate is solely dependent on the market. Some sparsely traded instruments may only get few updates in the whole day, while active instruments might get few thousand updates in a second - depending on how frequently market is pricing them. Currencies are no different.

Elektron also offers an option to get conflated data - where the update rate is predetermined at a reduced rate for applications that do not have a tick by tick requirements. Typically this conflation is set to 300 ms for quotes and no conflation on trade messages. Market data system has to be configured to provide this conflation service; its not available by default.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Gurpreet your answer has really been helpfull for me. On you last point..

Typically this conflation is set to 300 ms for quotes and no conflation on trade messages. Could you please provide me a ref how it can be set for example if i want to set it 10/50 ms. how it can be done?

Upvotes
3 2 2 1

Hi Gurpreet your answer has really been helpfull for me. On you last point..

Typically this conflation is set to 300 ms for quotes and no conflation on trade messages. Could you please provide me a ref how it can be set for example if i want to set it 10/50 ms. how it can be done?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@pankaj.singh The market data conflation cannot be set by API developer. It has to be done by market data administrator, and is usually provided as a separate service, apart from the real time service.

icon clock
10 |1500

market data administrator means someone from Reuters? or from client side who has access to admin accounts?

Thanks in advance for your answers it has really been helpful

It depends on where you are connecting to. For clients having in house Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform (TREP) installation, it is the TREP administrator.

Once again thanks. Apologize in advance for so many questions. What if we don't have Enterprise TREP installation within an organization.

To get the feeds is it must to install TREP with in an organization?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.