Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 1

Retrieve stock universe of a specific country (e.g all German stocks)

Hi,

is there a way to retrieve the stock universe of a specific country? I can retrieve data for all the DAX stocks ("0#.GDAXI") but, I would like to retrieve Data for all the stocks in Germany (since the 0#.GDAXI does not cover all the German stocks). What would be the corresponding RIC ? And is there also a RIC for the complete (worldwide) Stock universe?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@jozuleta yes, you can construct a screener query and use it in Python:

1. Go to Thomson Reuters tab in Excel and select Screener;
  2. Select either Country of Exchange or Country of Incorporation (whichever suits you most) as Germany, Country of Exchange in my example;
  3. Click on 'Insert screen' button;
  4. Grab the 'Universe' parameter from the inserted formula;
  5. Remove any double quotes from inside the screener expression and paste it into the get_data call
exp = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.ExchangeCountryCode,DE), CURN=USD)'
df, e = tr.get_data(exp, ['TR.RIC'])
df.head()

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.