Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 6 4 7

closing price v.s. settlement price

Hi,

I was trying to migrate a formula form Excel to Python API. The excel formula is below:

=RHistory({"CZCF9"},".Timestamp;OFF_CLOSE;","START:42005 END:43392 INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO SORT:ASC CH:Fd",G11)

When I used Eikon Python API

ek.get_timeseries( ['CZCF9'], 'OFF_CLOSE')

I could not retrieve the data. If 'CLOSE' was used as field name, there were data returned. However, returned prices were settlement prices from the exchange, NOT the actual closing price.

How could I get the closing price via Python API? Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@chong.xu the time series that you can get through the beta python API is limited to only one default view, which for CZCF9 is the last trade data. Access to all historical fields is going to be added in one of the future releases.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Any time line about the new release please? The limitation of current version brings much inconvenience.

@Zhenya Kovalyov @Olivier DAVANT

Do we have a timeline for this feature?

@Zhenya Kovalyov @Olivier DAVANT

Do we have a timeline for this feature ? What can we tell the customer ?

@Olivier DAVANT

Is this client's requirement tracked outside of this forum and is there an update we can provide?

@Olivier DAVANT @Zhenya Kovalyov

Do we have any updates on this?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.