Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 5 5

Identify characteristics of historic board members on ASX 200 companies?

I'm currently trying to extract from Eikon using the Python API information about the board members of ASX 200 companies going back 25 years. I'm interested in the name, qualifications, and last executive role for each year going back for each board member.

I've been able to find information about the number of people on the boards of these companies, and things like diversity, but does Eikon have any of the information available about individual board members, and if it does, how many years would be available? Thanks a lot.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicompany
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jack.simpson0

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @jack.simpson0

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@jack.simpson0 since this is a content question, i think the best way for you will be to contact your local support desk regarding this, or ask them to help you model it in Excel first. The rule of thumb is usually if you can build something with the reference data in Eikon Excel, then you can do it with the Python API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.