question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 2

What is the maximum number of RICs in an EMA batch request?

Hi,

I attempted to implement batch request as it is described in Elektron-SDK/example/Ema/Training/Consumer/300_Series/370__MarketPrice__Batch/Consumer.cpp. What is the maximum number of RICs in a batch request? It looks like the limit is between 6000 and 7000. We have a group of RICs with ~18000 items and I had to break it up 4 batch requests.

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @peter.meszaros

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

In API, a batch is an array in the element entry. Its limitation is defined by the limitation of array and element entry. In case of a batch request, its array size is limited to around 65535 bytes because it is in the element entry. Therefore the maximum number of item vary on size of a number of character in item name you pass to the array as well.

Overall size should not over 65535 bytes and I think there is the reason that you get limit between 6000-7000 from your test.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @peter.meszaros

There is a 65535 byte limit on the size of the ElementList entry that is used when making the Batch request.

Please refer to the ETAJ_Devguide in the section about ElementList for further details.

As you may know EMA is a wrapper around the lower level ETA.

So, the actual number of RICs you can request in a single batch will be determined by the total length of the individual RIC codes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 2

Thanks moragodkrit, Umer.

Is this limit value can be included from any c++ header file?

icon clock
10 |1500

As far as I understand, we could not change it in EMA header.

Upvotes
5 1 2 2

I do not want to change the value but use it if exist. Instead of hardcoding 65535 in my codebase I would like to write something more elegant, like this:

if (ricslength > thomsonreuters::ema::access::MaxLength) { ... }

icon clock
10 |1500

I can't find it in the EMA code. In EMA, it is defined as a preprocessor macro.

#define MAX_UNSIGNED_INT16		0xFFFF

You can raise this concern via the Elektron-SDK GitHub.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.