Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
65 3 2 8

no Realtime data only delayed in c#

The all,

I am using the c# sample "DataApiUsageExampleRealtimeData" to get realtime data for Market Digest data. Though, everything works fine, and it has been enabled, that I get realtime data for the exchanges, and I also see the data realtime within Eikon, I only get delayed data within the API.

My account rep from Refinitiv tells me to post the question here, since they have enabled the realtime data for the exchanged the market digest data is based on.

See screenshot.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirefinitiv-realtimedelayed-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ma1057 do you get the real-time data if you select the instrument on Eikon? API shares the same entitlements, and it might be an issue with Eikon.

yes, I do get realtime data in Eikon.

@ma1057, could you attach your request and the response that you are getting, please?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
65 3 2 8
subscription =   realtime.SetupDataSubscription()   
.WithRics(".ADST.HK")  
.WithFields("SALTIM", "ISSUES_ADV", "ISSUES_DEC", "ISSUES_UNC", "TOT_ISSUES", "VOLUME_ADV", "VOLUME_DEC", "VOLUME_UNC", "TOT_VOLUME")  
.WithDateAndTimeMode(TimeAndDateMode.GMT)   
.OnDataUpdated(DataReceivedCallback)   
.CreateAndStart();
and this is the output which I print into console for right now:
(SALTIM)=08:09:10|(ISSUES_ADV)=747|(ISSUES_DEC)=558|(ISSUES_UNC)=309|(TOT_ISSUES)=1614|(VOLUME_DEC)=3908895759|(VOLUME_UNC)=1843142423|(TOT_VOLUME)=10996284502|
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ma1057 in the response object, what is the instrument code? you can use this as an example on how to access the RIC code.

<br>
private void DataReceivedCallback2(IRealtimeUpdateDictionary instruments)
{
foreach (var kvp in instruments)
{
var sB = new StringBuilder(DateTime.UtcNow.ToString("HHmmss.fffff"));
foreach (var kvp2 in kvp.Value)
{
//var x = kvp2.Value.Descriptor;
switch (kvp2.Key)
{
default:
sB.AppendFormat("({0})={1}|", kvp2.Key, kvp2.Value.Value.ToString());
break;
}
Console.WriteLine("{0}: ({1}) = {2} ", kvp.Key, kvp2.Key, kvp2.Value.Value.ToString());
}
}
}

@ma1057 could you show the output, rather than the code, please? I need to understands if the RIC code that comes back has a / symbol, which would mean that you are in fact getting the delayed data.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.