question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 8 9 14

Is there a way to description for enumerated fields ?

I'm using ETA C API in Linux. Is there a way to get a description of enumerated fields using the API ?

For example, the following lines were taken from enumtype.def file that came in the SDK. Is there a way to get the description in column 3 (MEANING) or something similar using the ETA API ?

!
! ACRONYM FID
! ------- ---
!
LOTSZUNITS 54
!
! VALUE DISPLAY MEANING
! ----- ------- -------
0 " " Not allocated
1 " AUD " Australian dollar
2 " GBP " British pound
3 "GBP/P" British pounds per point
4 " CAD " Canadian dollar

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apienum
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24 8 9 14

I posted this question in the following link.

https://github.com/thomsonreuters/Elektron-SDK/issues/91

Looks like it is meant to be populated by the upstream provider.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @RAJ,

I have not tried this but looked into it a little deeper. Reviewing tutorial 4 within the ETA API, I noticed the data structure does in fact provide a way to retrieve column 3 (MEANING). Using the source code for this tutorial, I modified it to see if the data was available, i.e.

However, I didn't see any values coming through, i.e. the 'meaning' parameter is always null.

The dictionary parsing does offer the ability to control how much information to decode, however, the setting for this tutorial is set to verbose, i.e.

which is the most detailed level.

The documentation within the code structure does mention that the meaning field is: "This information is typically optional and not displayed.", so it may be the case this was a design decision not to parse it.

It might be worthwhile to raise this question within the source code tree for Elektron.

ahs.png (11.7 KiB)
ahs.png (8.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.