Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 0 2

Python API - Unknown field name

Hello, I'm trying to retreive data from eikon through your python API. Thanks to the eikon.get_data() function, I was able to fetch the spot premium of 'EUR1YX3Y=ICAP'. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get a hold of the forward swap rate, although I can access it through excel thanks to 'FWD_RATE.Value'. Could you please help me find the appropriate field name in python? Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@vincent.drouin FWD_RATE.Value is a time series field. Under standard circumstances, one would use the 'eikon.get_timeseries()' call, however, the time series bit of the API only supports the default set of fields which is OHLC for the last quote (Lognormal vol).

Could you confirm if you are looking for the time series for this? If not, you can get the real-time value with eikon.get_data('EUR1YX3Y=ICAP', ['GEN_VAL3']).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, 'GEN_VAL3' is exactly what I needed

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.