Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 4 0 3

Unable to pull data for funds using python Data API

Hi,

I am trying to pull ESG data for funds using their ISINs. Result returns just fund name and does not have any other details. How to pull ESG metrics for funds eg:LU0571085330 using python data api ?

Code Snippet:

df1,err = ek.get_data(instruments=isin_list,
    fields= ['TR.CompanyName','TR.CoRPrimaryCountry','TR.ISIN', 'TR.BusinessSummary','TR.GICSSector','TR.GICSIndustry','TR.GICSSubIndustry',
'TR.GICSIndustryGroup','TR.CompanyMarketCap','TR.Revenue','TR.TotalAssetsReported','TR.CSRReportingExternalAuditName','TR.Employees',
'TR.EnergyUseTotal','TR.RenewEnergyPurchased','TR.RenewEnergyProduced','TR.CarbonOffsetsCredits','TR.MicrofinanceImpactInvestment','TR.LoansMean',
'TR.NonPerformingLoansPctofLoans','TR.AnalyticEstimatedCO2Total','TR.CO2IndirectScope3','TR.CO2EstimationMethod','TR.AnalyticCO2',
'TR.WasteTotal','TR.AnalyticWasteRecyclingRatio','TR.HazardousWaste','TR.WaterWithdrawalTotal','TR.FreshWaterWithdrawalTotal',
'TR.AnalyticSalaryGap','TR.AnalyticHighestRemuneration','TR.AnalyticEmploymentCreation','TR.WomenManagers','TR.WomenEmployees','TR.AnalyticBoardFemale',
'TR.AnalyticInjuries','TR.TurnoverEmployees','TR.EmployeeSatisfaction','TR.TradeUnionRep','TR.AnalyticBoardSpecificSkills','TR.AnalyticExperiencedBoard',
'TR.AnalyticNonExecBoard','TR.NonPerformingLoansPctofLoans','TR.LobbyingContributionAmount','TR.AnalyticTotalDonations','TR.AnalyticBoardCulturalDiversity',
'TR.AnalyticStrictlyIndepBoard','TR.AnalyticIndepBoard','TR.AnalyticNonauditAuditFeesRatio','TR.PoliticalContributions','TR.DonationsTotal',
'TR.AlcoholRevenues','TR.GamblingRevenues','TR.TobaccoRevenues','TR.ArmamentRevenues','TR.TRESGCConvroversiesScore','TR.TRESGScore'
],    raw_output=False)
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
55 4 0 3

Hey, i figured out the cause. I was trying to pull not applicable fields for funds. Fields should be 'TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.FundHoldingRIC','TR.ETPConstituentName','TR.FundHoldingName','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent','TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets' for funds and it works now.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@uma I do not think this is an API limitation.

I am guessing here (so I suggest you would check with the support desk), but I could only find ESG for companies and not funds. A good idea would be to model what you want to get in Excel first, so the support desk can help you with any of the content question you may have.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.