Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

data verification

I'm trying to compare the data results from python data api and COM API.

I have 2 tickers from python that cannot get using COM API:

1. LAP_r.SN - in DIB it's located under OTHER category, and COM API request for EQUITY and FUND asset classes. So this is might be a reason why it's not in COM API results. But I'm wondering what 'OTHER' means

2. NTEDPBE1.MX - python data api return this in result set. However I don't see it in DIB at all. It looks like invalid item. So, what is it?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@igorg, when you say you get the tickers from python, could you please provide more information, like which request exactly results in what you are seeing? If you are using the screener, I will need the expression; if you are getting them from a chain, I will need to understand which chain you are using.

1. LAP_r.SN looks like a lapsed record (no metadata attached), but since I am also seeing LAP_r.SN^J18 show up, it might mean it has been recently delisted.
  2. Looks like a Mexican ETF, also looks delisted.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zhenya Kovalyov, let's us verify it on our side and I will provide more info.

I believe this is what we use:

rt = ek.get_data('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,countryprimaryquote))), IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XSGO"))','TR.CommonName')

@igorg looks like a content issue to me, I suggest you raise this with your local support desk, so they can raise this with the team responsible for the exchange data in Chile

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.