Which OS are suggested when developed in EMA(C++)
I found folder OL7_64_GCC482 and RHEL6_64_GCC444 in /Ema/Libs；
but I run the examples succefully under CENTOS7;
I also found CENTOS7_64_GCC482 in Ema/Libs;
So I want to know:
how CENTOS7_64_GCC482 is created?
can I develop under CENTOS7?
Please refer to the README file which is located in the EMA subfolder.
This Release has been tested with the following:
- Red Hat Advanced Server 6.0 Update 2 Release 64-bit with GCC 4.4.4 (RHEL_6_64_GCC444)
- Oracle Linux Server 6.0 Update 4 64-bit with UPA Lib GCC 4.4.4 (RHEL6_64_GCC444)
- Oracle Linux Server 7.0 64-bit with GCC 4.8.2 (OL7_64_GCC482)
- CentOS 7.0 64-bit with GCC 4.8.2 (OL7_64_GCC482)
So, as you will note we have tested with Centos using the OL7_64_GCC482 libraries
thanks Umer Nalla
1、can you tell me which README，I locate all README through index.html，I did not found the OS Support info;
there is no "CENTOS7_64_GCC482" in /Ema/Libs when i get the sdk;
but after I run the sdk according to <<Migration Guide>>
as you say, "CentOS 7.0 64-bit with GCC 4.8.2 (OL7_64_GCC482)",
2、why CENTOS7_64_GCC482 is created?
1. The README should be in the 'Ema' subfolder after you unpack the Elektron SDK tar.gz file e.g. Elektron-SDK1.2.1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/README - depending on where you unpacked the tar.gz file.
2.In terms of the CENTOS folder - please refer to section '5 Cmake' of the migration guide which states '....Cmake generates cleaner, more concise build environment files that correspond to the users platform and OS.'