For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 2

How to extract the chain ric for a specific Underlying Ric via DSS Rest API?

I would like to extract the Chain RIC using DSS Rest API, however it seems that I can only extract the actual option RICs for the whole chain but not the Chain RIC with FuturesAndOptionsSearch. Is there any other request that I can use in order to achieve this ? Thank you.

{

"SearchRequest": {

"FileCodes": null,

"CurrencyCodes": null,

"StrikePrice": null,

"ExpirationDate": null,

"FuturesAndOptionsType":"Options",

"UnderlyingRic": "EEM*"

}

}

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrfasearchchain-ricderivatives
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@sahin.mir, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @sahin.mir

I cannot find any interfaces to extract Chain Options RIC. However, it is possible to manually construct Options Chain RIC from RIC Root. For example, if RIC Root is "EEM.U", the Options Chain RIC will be "0#EEM*.U". The construction rules might vary depending on Exchange. You can contact Content Support team via Get Support for more information.

You can add "PreferredIdentifierType": "RICRoot" in FuturesAndOptionsSearch to search RIC Roots from UnderlyingRICs or use TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest to extract RIC Root from specific UnderlyingRICs.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.