question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

How to desactivate Datastream auto calculation in VBA ?

Hi,

I made a macro that write several =DSGrid formulas in a worksheet. By default, each formula is auto evaluated as soon as it is entered so that the datastream update popup does not stop to appear, disappear, appear, disappear, etc, etc...

To avoid that I would like to desactivate auto calculation.

I know how to do with Excel Datastream ribbon (Section "Manage Requests" -> Button "Refresh Data" -> "Auto Calculation") but is it possible to do it in VBA ? Then I use Application.Run "PLRefreshWorkbookEventHandler" to refresh all formulas at once.

eikon-com-apidatastream-apidsws-apivba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi NICOLAS.BARUSSAUD

This forum is for the DSWS API service not the excel add in, i would recommend in speaking to the help desk directly in future. However I am aware there are a set of commands to refresh the DSGRID formulas – so if you have auto-calculation always set to off – you can then use these to control when the formulas are refreshed. More info on the doc attached.datastream-dfo-vba-commands-vs4.pdf

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.