question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

AdxRtList - what RT_ITEM_STALE means?

I'm testing some edge conditions like disconnecting/reconnecting Eikon in the middle of a request.

What I see is : After reconnection is done, AdxRtList returns RT_ITEM_STALE for all requested instruments. No other error shows up.

I probably have to release AdxRtList and create new one, but there is no error, so not sure how to handle this.

What RT_ITEM_STALE does mean?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

This indicates that AdxRtList object is not receiving updates for the item (RIC). This item status can be coming from the backend indicating that the item is stale in the backend cache and not receiving the updates from the datafeed. However in your scenario I think it's unlikely. More likely the object has not reconnected to the stream. It may just need a bit more time to restore the connection and recover all the items in the object's in-memory cache (that is all registered items). But if you're finding stale items long after the network connectivity has been restored, then I would suggest checking the SourceStatus property. If the SourceStatus is RT_SOURCE_UP you probably want to re-subscribe to all stale items. And if the SourceStatus is RT_SOURCE_DOWN you probably want to destroy AdxRtList object and recreate it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I tried to stop updates, unsubscribe and release RTData connection with RtList.. Then I re-create them and re-run request. It tells me that RtList is not initialized on the step when I set the source. But I don't receive any errors on previous steps. I need to review the logic of reconnection...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.