question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

Eikon Connection OnStatusChange

It looks like OnStatusChange works not always.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start sample application RSearchCppEikonnect:

2. Click Connect to EIkon

3. Wait for Eikon Desktop Application to start. Log in.

4. OnStatusChanged invoked with correct status

5. Shutdown Eikon app using Menu -> Close -> Shutdown

6. No event comes

---------------------------------------------

1. Start sample application RSearchCppEikonnect:

2. Click Connect to EIkon

3. Wait for Eikon Desktop Application to start. Log in.

4. OnStatusChanged invoked with correct status

5. Disable network card

6. Status 'offline' comes

7. Enable network card

8. No event comes.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The difference in behavior is likely attributed to the version of Eikon. It appears that in Eikon 4.0.46, which should now be the latest Eikon version available to all Eikon users, the OnStatusChanged event is raised correctly by EikonDesktopDataAPI object.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there any release notes of this update? I noticed a change in the memory allocation. Also you mentioned that new features will be available for RSearch in this version. (or was it 4.0.47?).

We don't produce external release notes. The closest we have is the What's New app in Eikon, which is updated monthly, but it only describes user functionality. You won't find anything about memory allocation there.
The new search capabilities are tied to Eikon v4.0.46 release, but even if you have this version of Eikon you may still see the old search interface. The new capability is being rolled out gradually to a few thousand users at a time. I will ask that your Eikon account is targeted for the new search capabilities.

EIkon got updated last week to 4.0.46. It works fine. There is no need, but just my curiosity about new functionality/capability. It may be helpful to know them when we need to build new type of data requests.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm not reproducing the behavior in either of these tests. On my end on shutdown of Eikon I see OnStatusChanged event raised with EStatus = 0 (Disconnected).
And in the second test on reconnecting to the network I see OnStatusChanged event raised with EStatus = 1 (Connected). I didn't use the RSearchCppEikonnect example for my test, I used a VBA example just because it's much easier to modify (no need to compile). But I don't see the dev environment to be of any significance here. The COM library in question is the same. Are you consistently reproducing the behavior you described?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, this behavior is consistent in RSearchCppEikonnect, my application and AdfinXRT-EikonSDKSample application.

As a sanity check I just tried AdfinXRT-EikonSDKSample (the C# version) and I still couldn't reproduce the behavior you described. On my end it all works as expected. I'll reach out to you offline to see how we can troubleshoot it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.