while requesting users sub service list using the OpenDACS interface
agent_->getUserSubServiceList( *handle, serviceName_, userSubServices )
we receive exchanges subservices never been setup in DACS.
For example the exchange subservice "CMECBOT" will appear as long as the user is allowed for "CME" and "CBT".
Same with exchange subservice "XCA01D" which have never been setup in DACS explicitly.
So how can I determine the users DACS configuration by request via OpenDACS interface?
It seems as if there might be some undocumented logic within DACS front-end.
This composite PDP is permissioned automatically when the underlying exchange PDPs have been permissioned
I found that:
You can directly contact the DACS support team via Get Support for more information regarding composite PDPs.
Hello @Thomas Wolf,
I was not able to reproduce what you describe, getting "not-in-the-dacs" subservices by running setUserSubServiceList() call. Subservices that I get from setUserSubServiceList() were consistent with subservices defined in my DACS. I get products, exchanges, specialists data sets, not just one type of "subservice", perhaps this is what you are seeing?
Further thinking, perhaps call getPEList() would better converge with your requirements? It returns the PEs, or permission entities, assigned to the user, defining permissions assigned.
no those exchange subservices appear on getUserSubServiceList() although the DACS adminitrator have never permissioned those subservices for the user. Neither have those subservices ever been displayed at the DACS front-end. I think you will not been able to reproduce this feature by explicitly setting the permission using setUserSubServiceList(). It seems to be an front-end issue.
I have the need to read-out exactly what is displayed at the front-end for reporting and QS reason. And it works quite well beside the reported effects. I do not know where those subservices come from. Does the front-end suppress displaying some subservices or does it conditionally add some subservices depending on given user permissions.
For example the subservice "XCA01D" appear in getUserSubServiceList() as soon as OSA been permissioned at the front-end.
A QS-Reporting on PE list will be confusing for DACS adminitrators. They want to be sure that their current configuration have been applied correctly. Therefore it would be helpfull to generate from getUserSubServiceList a list they can easily compare with their settings.
If there are some special subservices a documentation of those subservices whould be helpful too.