question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

Getting -> Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Error occurred during connection process. Can you please help me

Hi,

I receive the below error trying to run example100. Could you please help me?

SEVERE com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback loggerMsg ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient Severity: Error Text: Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel Instance Name EmaConsumer_1 RsslReactor Channel is null Error Id 0 Internal sysError 0 Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Error occurred during connection process. loggerMsgEnd login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for ......)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @valeriu.neacsu

I can replicate the same message with EMA Java 1.2.1 example 100 - Consumer.java by setting the application to connect to an invalid port.

Example code:

consumer  = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("172.20.33.11:8101").username("user")); //8101 is the SSL port, not RSSL port

Example message:

Nov 06, 2018 5:21:26 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback
SEVERE: loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Error
    Text:    Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel_1
	Instance Name Consumer_1_1
	RsslReactor Channel is null
	Error Id 0
	Internal sysError 0
	Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent
	Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Error occurred during connection process.
loggerMsgEnd

login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for 172.20.33.11:8101)

Please check if you set a valid TREP/OMM Provider RSSL port or not, the default value of the RSSL port is 14002. You can set the RSSL connection via the following EMA statement:

consumer  = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumer(config.host("<TREP/OMM Provider IP>:<RSSL Port>").username("<username>"));
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

changing port number solved it for me too. cheers!

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @valeriu.neacsu

Could you please give me more detail on this issue?

1. The EMA Java version that encounters the problem
  2. Which example 100 that encounters the problem? (IProvider.java or Consumer.java or NiProvider.java)
  3. Snippet of your example source code
  4. Replication steps
  5. The EmaConfig.xml file
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Hi Wasin,

Problem solved, was from port id. I used an SSL port instead RSSL 14002.

Many thanks,

Valeriu

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.