question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 12 26

RFA Market by Price: Handling keys like A-O, B-U

How to handle the messages with key as "A-O", "B-U", "A-M" etc
I see that these messages have no price data. It only has size data.
So i am not sure how to handle these in my RFA application

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @mktdata

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @mktdata

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @mktdata

Depending on what you are trying to achieve in terms of your application and its representation of the orderbook, it may make sense not to process orderbook entries with these type of keys - for example, 'B-M' and 'A-M' indicates it 'is a buy or sell order to be executed immediately at current market prices' - and therefore may not make sense to add to the order book.

If you do need further clarification, I recommend you contact the originating exchange directly and obtained their guidance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @mktdata

A-O and B-O are Aggregated sell volume not displayed as a specific price point in the order book.

A-U and B-U are Aggregated buy volume not displayed as a specific price point in the order book

For more information about Orderbook Map Key. Please visit the Data Model Discovery.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.