Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

python Eikon api response 500

Hi,

trying to write a Python/Eikon API for the first time. I started with the sample code available on the TR website.

I have set up new App API code which I have specified in my script along with my Eikon username and password.

This is the response

############### Sending Authentication request message to TRKD ############### Request fail response status 500 Error: {'Fault': {'Code': {'Value': 's:Receiver', 'Subcode': {'Value': 'a:Security_InvalidLoginPassword'}}, 'Reason': {'Text': {'lang': 'en-US', 'Value': 'Invalid user name or password.'}}, 'Detail': {'ClientErrorReference': {'Timestamp': '2018-11-08T23:53:04.1537466Z', 'ErrorReference': 'f18d41cb111e41988643e3336ca0c19e', 'ServerReference': 'E768EA1DE8219342CDEBB90D1064341FD6AB0D698A8CC1FE'}}}} Traceback (most recent call last):

Help !!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @stephen.l.ellis

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,
AHS

@stephen.l.ellis

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,
AHS

Hello @stephen.l.ellis,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@stephen.l.ellis
Since you didn't provide a sample of the code you're using or a reference to where exactly you got the example you're using, it's impossible for me to be certain about what's happening. However judging by the presence of this line in the output you receive "Sending Authentication request message to TRKD", it looks like you're not using any of the Eikon APIs. It looks like you're trying to use the service named TRKD, which is a completely different product from Eikon. If this is indeed the case, in order to use TRKD you need to subscribe specifically to this service. Your Eikon subscription does not include access to TRKD. And if you tried to use TRKD service by mistake and what you wanted to do is to use Eikon Data APIs, then please refer to the documentation for Eikon Data APIs following the link below.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-apis

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @stephen.l.ellis

The sample of code should be from this TRKD article. Please follow the information suggested by Alex.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

I have assumed I can use my Eikon username and password here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.