question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

When I use OMMMsgUtil.getRMTESString to retrieve the value inside ROW80_9, I see "B".

This problem is specific to using the RFA for data retrieval from Reuters.

When I view the KS/STATUS ric I can see that ROW80_9 is correctly populated with "BOARD_EVENT_ID: BC1"
However in the trading application logs, when I use OMMMsgUtil.getRMTESString to retrieve the value inside ROW80_9, I see "B".

I suspect the reason for this is because the OMMMsgUtils is only getting back the character/s that were updated. In this case because the previous session, "BOARD_EVENT_ID: CC1", the only change is "B" and therefore that is what the RFA is returning.

Is it possible to return the entire string properly so that our application can parse accurate data from Reuters?

treprfarfa-apiOMM
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Since this is RFA question, I have moved it to RFA forum.

Hi @Joann.Cabrera

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Joann.Cabrera,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.5k 5 6 7

If you suspect that a field may be using the partial update feature then you must first check if the update received is indeed partial. Look into method OMMDataBuffer.hasPartialUpdates(). If true, then you must traverse and process the partial updates on the field rather than simply doing OMMMsgUtil.getRMTESString(). More help about partial updates in the Javadoc and in the Developer's Guide.

By the way: I think OMMMsgUtil.getRMTESString() is your own method, right? Anyway, I can guess what it does.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.