Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Eikon Desktop Data API stopped working after changing to a new user on Eikon terminal

We had our application using the .NET Eikon API running for a period without any problems, but after we switched to another user on the Eikon terminal (using the "Stop Automatic Sign In" shortcut), it suddenly stopped working without any kind of error message.

Initializing the service using 'DataServices.Instance.Initialize' succeeds (and even launches Eikon if it's not already running), but the callbacks given to the DataServices.Instance.TimeSeries.SetupDataRequest are never called, even though the message pump is running (again, the executable that was working yesterday no longer works, so it seems unlikely to be any problem with the code).

We've generated new app/api keys, but since we're using the old data API we don't enter it anywhere when accessing the API. The Eikon terminal is of course running on the same computer, and we're able to look up quotes for the same RICs in the terminal.

Thank you!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriestime-out
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@jonas.x.gudmundsson that might explain why the time series request is not working. I suggest you should contact your local Refinitiv technical support desk and address this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, I will do so!

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@jonas.x.gudmundsson the user name change does not directly affect any API usage, I suspect something else is happening. Could you please confirm that you terminal is up and running correctly, you can see real-time data (EUR= Q in the command bar) and charts (EUR= CHT in the command bar)? .

icon clock
10 |1500

@Zhenya Kovalyov

The terminal is up and running, 'EUR= Q' works, but 'EUR= CHT' shows "Retrieving" for about a minute and then "Data retrieval failure - insufficient resources".

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

What can I do if I don't see real-time data?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.