Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

Getting source date and update date with get_data() in the Eikon Python API

When I get accounting data for a company using the get_data function (say I want the revenue), and i get the date as well, the date returned is the period end date. What i want is the date at which the revenue was published. If there has been updates to the revenue, I would like to know when this update happened as well.

How can I do that? Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @fs3

I think that you may use:

TR.ISOriginalAnnouncementDate - Income Statement Original Announcement Date
TR.ISStatementLastUpdatedDate - Income Statement Period Last Update Date

If you use Eikon Excel Build Formula tool, those fields can be found under the category Reuters Fundamentals/General Information/General Information Income Statement.

Please check as well this tutorial where you can find more useful information about navigation through the data items.

Without any additional parameters it will retrieve the latest values but if you want to be more specific you can define e.g. the financial period.

ek.get_data('TRI.TO',['TR.Revenue','TR.ISOriginalAnnouncementDate','TR.ISStatementLastUpdatedDate'],{"Period":"FY0"})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.