Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Unauthorized when pulling data by Eikon Python API with App Key registered

Error code 401 | Client Error: Unauthorized - Eikon API Proxy requires authentication.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
capture.png (22.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@jianfenglu
Thanks for sharing your code. I take it it's the get_timeseries method that results in the error you mentioned, right? I don't think I've seen this error before. Would you mind including the full trace?
Since this used to work for you before, have you tried restarting Eikon and your Python IDE? Or better yet restarting the machine? If the issue persists, as the first step in troubleshooting I would suggest running Fiddler or another HTTP analyzer to see if any request is being sent to the remote Web service. This will tell if the error is produced by Eikon API Proxy or it comes from remote Web service that delivers timeseries data to Eikon Data APIs. And if the error comes from the Web service, it would be interesting to see of the HTTP response contains any additional info about the error.
When the timeseries data request is executed by get_timeseries method you should see an HTTP POST to https://amers1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com/Apps/UDF/MSF
On a side note, the same timeseries data can be retrieved using get_data method:

ek.get_data(["MSFT.O"],["TR.OPENPRICE","TR.HIGHPRICE","TR.LOWPRICE","TR.CLOSEPRICE","TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME"],{"Sdate":"2016-01-01","Edate":"2016-01-10"})

It would be interesting to see if you can retrieve timeseries using this method.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks! It works after a restart. Don't know why but it fixed the problem.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.