For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 14

How is the Legal Entity Hierarchy request working ?

What does one input in the request and what is the return containing ?

Does one enter an OrgID and get data about the whole tree structure containing this OrgID? What's the basic idea behind it? What's the "RCP ID" that seems to be an important field in that request?

Thanks for hints and info.

Bernard

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

RCP ID

Description of the RCP ID: "System-generated code used to uniquely identify a legal entity (resolving duplication)".

To get a field description you can either:

A) Create a request template in the GUI and select a field:

B) Run an API query to get the full list of fields and descriptions. In this case do a GET to this endpoint (note it contains the template name as parameter, at the end):

"https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/GetValidContentFieldTypes(ReportTemplateType=ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.ReportTemplateTypes'LegalEntityHierarchy')

Hierarchy positioning

In my response to the other query last November I just displayed the first item in the result set, but note the results are returned in no specific order. If you run that query and look at the Relationship Type field content you will see a list of IsAffiliatedWith entries, followed by a set of IsParentOf entries, which seems to confirm your suggestion that this request returns all entities below the input entity. I think you are right, but honestly, I'm not sure, that is a content query that I cannot answer. For that I suggest you directly contact the TRTH support team via MyRefinitiv. In the product field, select "Thomson Reuters Tick History v2".

rcp.png (40.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@bernard.thouin,

The legal entity hierarchy allows you to see companies, who belong to them (subsidiaries), who they belong to (parents), and affiliates.

Here is an example body of the request using the API, using a RIC as the instrument identifier. I used the instrument 0700.HK which is Tencent Holdings, on the Hong Kong exchange:

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.LegalEntityHierarchyExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "Node/Level", "Official Name", "Relationship Type",
      "Derived Parent Official Name", "Derived Ultimate Parent Official Name",
      "Immediate Parent Official Name", "Ultimate Parent Official Name",
      "Related Official Name"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EntityIdentifierList", 
      "EntityIdentifiers": [ { "Identifier": "0700.HK", "IdentifierType": "Ric" } ]
    },
    "Condition": { "DeltaDays": -1 }
  }
}

The "DeltaDays": -1 condition means that we want all the historical data. If you only wanted the changes of the last N days, let us say the last week, you could set "DeltaDays": 7.

You can make the same request in the GUI, by searching for the instrument, then clicking on it. Then click in the left column menu on Legal Entity, then on More Entity Details, and finally on Hierarchy, which will take you here:

I don't see any RCP ID in the request parameters. Can you tell me where you found it ?

tencentgui.png (84.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

See also this query, on the same topic.

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

The RCP ID is a field mentioned in the DSS.Api.examples app for the LegalEntityHierarchy request:

ContentFieldNames = new[] {

"ID", "ID Type", "Immediate Parent ID", "Immediate Parent Official Name",

"Immediate Parent RCP ID", "Node/Level", "Official Name", "RCP ID",

"Source RCP ID", "Ultimate Parent ID", "Ultimate Parent Official Name", "Ultimate Parent RCP ID",

"User Defined Identifier"}

In your answer to the former query last November, you mention the "first element" of the response. Does that mean that basically this request returns all entities below the input entity, i.e. it should be used for the hierarchy "head" and delivers all the entities linked to this head ?

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.