question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

login failed in c++ example "start consumer"

when i run c++ example "start consumer", it always login failed. I think there must be something wrong in the configure file. all the log the configuration are in the attachments.start-comsumer-login-problem.zip

treprfarfa-apilog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

After change the configuration, the result is "login denied".

login-denied.zip

but i am sure the name is correct. something wrong ?

login-denied.zip (2.4 KiB)
1.png (29.5 KiB)

Moved to RFA

Hello @e3bf726e-94a3-4c7d-bcfa-0b9640b02e90

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @e3bf726e-94a3-4c7d-bcfa-0b9640b02e90

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @e3bf726e-94a3-4c7d-bcfa-0b9640b02e90

According to your 2nd log file - the API is able to connect to a server. Unfortunately, the permission system the server is using does not recognise your user name of horizon_uat

Please speak to your Market Data team (for internally managed systems) or Refinitiv account manager to confirm your username.
Perhaps you are connecting to the wrong server environment? Many clients have separate UAT and Production environments - each with its own permission system, so a uat username will not work on a Production server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.