Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

How can i connect eikon api beta with python?

Timeout on checking port 9000

Timeout on checking port 36036
Error: no proxy address identified.
Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.
Port number was not identified, cannot send any request.

I take this error. I tried all solutions which are recommended in the forum. I think, the problem is that the eikon folder is not exist inside of user>appdata>roarming.
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @beratp

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

check with your account manager if your account is for Eikon Core.
If it's the case, you're not permissionned for Eikon API.

This is the most likely reason.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As i told other comment, i obtained datas on macbook, before but i cannot obtain datas on windows. thanks for concern.

Understood.

Information that I found confirms Zhenya Kovalyov's comment:

1. top-tier product named “Xenith” is Metastock Pro plus a version of the Eikon desktop with cut-back content and features.
  2. Any Thomson Reuters client enquiring of Xenith must be advised that it is not a Thomson Reuters product.
Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@beratp I have sent you an email with further questions which will help me identify the root cause for this.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Zhenya Kovalyov. Hi, I use Eikon Reuters Xenith over the Metastock.. I can take datas via eikon api on my macbook. When i try connection on windows it does not work. I checked the ports (9000,9001,9002 or 36000 ) before, they do not exist. I believe, i followed the process right. The one difference is the folder under the roaming folder as i found.

@beratp were you using the same id for both proxy and Xenith?

I do not think Xenith supports the Data API, I suggest you raise this with your account manager at Metastock, since that is not regular Eikon.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@beratp
Please see the answer on this thread.
It's unintentional that you can use your user credentials to retrieve data using Eikon Data APIs through Eikon API Proxy on Mac. This issue will be corrected and the capability to retrieve data through Eikon API Proxy on Mac will be removed for users of Metastock Xenith, although I cannot say when exactly this will happen.

icon clock
10 |1500

Understoood,

thank you for all.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.