Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

I am using TimeSeries.SetupDataRequest and getting incomplete data

DataServices.Instance.TimeSeries.SetupDataRequest(security.Ticker.ToUpper())
                .From(startDate)
                .To(endDate).WithAllFields()
                .WithTimeZone(TimezoneType.GMT)
                .WithInterval(CommonInterval.TradeAndQuotes)
                .WithNumberOfPoints(999999)
                .OnDataReceived(DataReceivedCallback1)
                .OnStatusUpdated(StatusUpdatedCallback)
                .CreateAndSend();

For a single day I am getting incomplete data.

I have to do it in 1 hour chunks which takes forever!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapitime-seriestrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@293b571b-7462-4aaa-b8e5-e0528f0fae86 could you please provide more details on this?

1. What instruments are you requesting the data for? Can you give an example RIC?
  2. What are the values of the startDate and the endDate?
  3. What do you mean by incomplete data? Can you give an example?

Thanks!

Hello @293b571b-7462-4aaa-b8e5-e0528f0fae86

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@293b571b-7462-4aaa-b8e5-e0528f0fae86

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@293b571b-7462-4aaa-b8e5-e0528f0fae86 Hi Jonathan,

60,000 items per request is a hard limit set on the .NET Time series API at the moment. Desktop usage workflow implies that this is more than enough, and in no way is able to handle 1,000,000 TasTaq data per request. So, you can either create multiple requests to get this data, or use an enterprise product (like Thomson Reuters Tick History) which has a REST API and is able to handle such volumes.

Let me know if you require any additional info on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 1 1

aapl-example-traedes-and-quotes.zipThank you Zhenya, by the way - I speak Russian.

This is true for every ticker I can think of including AAPL.O

I am attaching an example file of incomplete data for AAPL.

In this example I requested data for 12/7/2018 from 12:00:00 to 23:59:59

I only got data from 15:52 to 16:02 (when the market closed)

What happened to 12:00:00 - 15:52:00 ?

It seems that the set limit of data points of 60,000 is ludicrous and completely unusable as there are usually well over 1,000,000 trades/quotes per day on any given day.

icon clock
10 |1500

@293b571b-7462-4aaa-b8e5-e0528f0fae86 to get a predictable result, I suggest you use either startDate and WithNumberOfPoints, or the endDate and WithNumberOfPoints. This way you can control the size of the output.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.