question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 1 4 7

When can I resubscribe (after closing) to a different RIC with the same Stream Id?

After subscribing to a RIC with a certain "Stream Id" I'm finding lingering updates after issuing a RSSL_MC_CLOSE (w/ RSSL_CLMF_ACK). I then wait for the RSSL_CLMF_ACK followed by a subscription to a different RIC with same "Stream Id".

When can I re-use the same "Stream Id"?

Summarizing

1. Subscribe to RIC w/ stream id = n

2. Image/Updates received on stream id = n

3. Issue RSSL_MC_CLOSE for stream id = b (w/ option RSSL_CLMF_ACK)

4. Received message RSSL_MC_ACK

5. Subscribe to different RIC w/ stream id = n

6. Received residual update messages for initial RIC from (1)

7. Received Image for new RIC from (5)

elektronelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apistream-idre-subscribe
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Case #07180566 has been opened on behalf of this client

prior to client posting on dev portal:

The core of the issue being investigated is that the client is receiving the updates, on the closed stream, after "close ack" is received.

<AHS>

I have checked the Jira TREP-2148, the TREP support team is still working on the issue. Extend triage.

Hello @salvatore.riccio

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @salvatore.riccio

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Show more comments
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello all and @salvatore.riccio,

Please be informed that the issue has been addressed in the upcoming TREP 3.3.1 release. See DRAFT copy of What’s New below:

Whats New 331

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello all and @salvatore.riccio,

Please be informed, that the issue has been confirmed, and the fix is assigned to the product development team. No estimated completion date is available.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.