Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

DfListHolidays country codes

I try to get market holiday information for Italy, Netherlands and Greece. Could somebody please tell me the country codes for the function DfListHolidays()? I tried ITA, ITY, NLD, NET and GRC. But I get the error message "Error: ERROR 5000 - Calendars : calendar(s) not found."

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @ma20181

There are few ways of getting the country codes. Since you are using Adfins you can get them with =AdStyleAttribute() function.

If you want to get the calendar style you need to provide three arguments where two are fixed the the third is the ISO currency code. For the countries that currently has EUR you would need to provide the ISO currency code before conversion to EUR.
The example for Greek Drahma and the output should be 'GRE'

=AdStyleAttribute("CUR","GRD","CLDR")

Similar with
Netherland 'NLG' - NTL
Italy ITL - ITL

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot!

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@ma20181 in addition to @marcin.bunkowski comment, you can go to Thomson Reuters tab > Utilities > Admin Settings > Style Management and select Calendar styles. You can get the list full list of available codes there.

There is not always a one-to-one relationship between a country/currency and a calendar, as multiple calendars are used for different purposes, for example, the US:

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.