question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 1 0 3

Can I send a message programmatically through Eikon messenger

Hi,

Does an API exist to send messages to Eikon Messenger ?

Thanks in advance,

Cyril

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apimessenger
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The requests library is used to send HTTP requests, which the command provided by @Zhenya Kovalyov is not. Here's one example of how it can be executed from Python. This example requires Python 3.5 or higher. In earlier versions of Python you can use os.system() to execute the shell command.

import subprocess
subprocess.run(["start","rm://evgenij.kovalev.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net/?message=hello"],shell=True)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@cyril.godart unfortunately we do not have an API for the Messenger. The only bit that you can do is to open a messenger window and fill in the text of the message with a RACE link:

In Windows press Win + R for 'Run', paste the following link and press Enter -

rm://evgenij.kovalev.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net/?message=hello
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
36 1 0 3

Just wondering could I use this with the request python library by any chance ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
36 1 0 3

That's what I was after. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.