question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

403 Client Error: Forbidden for url:

following: "403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/HistoricalChainResolution" when attempting to resolve a chain RIC. I also receive the message, "The user does not have permission to perform the requested operation". I've tried clearing my token and re-authenticating - still no luck.

I wasn't sure if the Refinitiv team were referring to the exchange permissions, so I tested that too. We still don't have access to data from ICE LIBOR either (error message: "(RIC,USD1MFSR=,RCT) row suppressed for lack of 'ICE LIBOR' permission.").

dss-rest-apitick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@george.sommerfield - This is a private post

Considering your query, we moved it from the REDI API to the TRTH forum, it seems more appropriate, and will help people discover it.

AHS

@george.sommerfield, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@george.sommerfield

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@george.sommerfield,

As per the HTTP status help page, here is the meaning of a 403:

Forbidden errors are returned when the user does not have sufficient permissions to perform the requested operation. The body will contain details regarding this error. The request should not be repeated.

The call you are making (Search/HistoricalChainResolution) is a call that is accessible to customers of our TRTH product. If your account is for DSS, that call is not available to you, and will generate a 403.

For product and exchange permissions, you need to contact your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hi @george.sommerfield,

To confirm, are you using the REDI API? It seems like you may be asking about something else.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.