For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 1 1

String formatting of Universal Close Price over $1000

When we pull composite data for an instrument that has a price above $1000, we get a “Universal Close Price” of "\"1,000.0"\". Universal Close Price for other assets under $1000 are normal number values ("69.62" and "90.41").

Is this adjustable so that we can get the Universal Close Price value back as a simple number (i.e. 1000.00) instead of the formatted number string?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsspricingjson
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@5c51420f-25d5-4998-b87c-84fcfa4c5225,

Could you please post the body of the request you are making, including the instrument that has a price > 1000$ ?

Are you using an on demand request, or a scheduled request ?

There is no request body. We have an instrument list setup in DSS along with a Composite report template it runs against at a scheduled time.

The specific instrument is CUSIP 023135106

@5c51420f-25d5-4998-b87c-84fcfa4c5225, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvote
Accepted
18 0 1 1

I was able to get feedback through another support stream and wanted to share the answer here.

For existing report templates, field format can be changed within Report Template as shown in below screenshot.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@5c51420f-25d5-4998-b87c-84fcfa4c5225, thank you for sharing. I was working in parallel on an answer based on the API, which I just posted before seeing your response.

Your response helps as well as if I am pulling information through the API, I will need to make sure that the thousands separator is excluded there as well.

Upvote
13.7k 26 8 12

@5c51420f-25d5-4998-b87c-84fcfa4c5225,

An On Demand extraction request does not give you the option to specify field formatting.

A scheduled request that uses a predefined template can have specific field formatting. Here is the body of a request to create a template with a user defined field format for the Universal Close Price:

{
  "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.EndOfDayPricingReportTemplate",
  "ShowColumnHeaders": false,
  "Name": "myEodTemplateName",
  "Headers": [],
  "Trailers": [],
  "ContentFields": [
    { "FieldName": "Instrument ID" },
    {
      "FieldName": "Universal Close Price",
      "Format": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.ContentFieldNumberFormat",
        "DecimalPlaces": 2,
        "DecimalSeparator": "Period",
        "IntegerPlaces": 10,
        "NegativeSignPosition": "Before",
        "ThousandSeparator": "None",
        "UseLeadingZero": false,
        "UseThousandSeparator": false,
        "UseTrailingZero": false
      }
    }
  ],
  "Condition": null
}

To get rid of the thousands separator you can specify:

"ThousandSeparator": "None",

and/or

"UseThousandSeparator": false,

Does this help ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Your response helps. We do pull some information through the API, and I will need to make sure that the thousands separator is excluded there as well.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.