question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 0 3

Can we get real time prices for FX in milliseconds using EIKON API in c#?

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to retrieve real time prices for FX for milliseconds interval?

Like EURO/USD price every millisecond?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116 the real-time feed that you are getting with Eikon may be conflated (i.e. you are not receiving all of the ticks, but, let's say 3 or 5 per second), this depends on the variant of your Eikon. I suggest you contact your account manager for more information on this.

The field that gives you the timestamp down to a millisecond is QUOTIM_MS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Do you recommend Elektron (C++ or java) or Eikon (c#) for getting real time data in milliseconds?

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116 I do not have enough information on what you are trying to do to be able to recommend either. I still think you need to speak to your account manager.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Eikon gets streaming market data from Elektron, so the data is essentially the same whether you get a datafeed or a market data terminal. The most important difference is with Eikon being an end user product you're licensed to use any data you retrieve from Eikon for the individual user's use only. With Elektron datafeed you can use the data in enterprise or server side applications. There are numerous other considerations that may or may not be important for you: market data infra, conflation & latency, technology stack, application performance (however you define it) etc. The best way to go about selecting the right product for your use case is to speak with your Refinitiv account manager as @Zhenya Kovalyov suggested. If you're not yet a Refinitiv client and do not have an account manager, you can either call Refinitiv office in your country or use generic sales contact form following the link below.
https://www.refinitiv.com/en/contact-sales

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

Hi there,

We do have an Elektron account, we just received the credentials. We eventually go with Elektron C++.

I have a couple questions if you can help:

We want to get forex prices live for many symbols like USDEURO in milliseconds.

1) I tried the very first example in Elektron SDK Cons100 but i don't know the host-port and user name to connect. How do i get these info?

2) The data must be collected as long as the service runs. Can i write a windows service to collect those data? The service must be receiving multiple symbols like AUD/CAD, EURO/USD, AUD/CHF, EURO/JPY along with their prices. How can that be accomplished?

3) Which API is better to use EMA or ETA?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

you will need to publish your additional question as a separate post on the elektron forum.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.