question

Upvotes
Accepted

Which API Endpoint in TRKD / Datapoint provides most current MarketCap and SharesOutstanding Values?

For a given RIC/REPONO, which endpoint is most reliable in providing SharesOutstanding and/or MarketCap values. I tried "GetFundamentalReports_Request_1" for SharesOut. Also tried "GetRatiosAndStatistics_Request_1" in Fundamentals API family. They seem to have have different values for the same RIC/REPONO.

I would appreciate any suggestion on which one among these or any other endpoint that's more accurate and reliable for this data.

Thanks!

datarkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@anandakumar.subramaniam

Hi,

Could you provide the RIC returning different values requested by Jirapongse

Hello @anandakumar.subramaniam,

In order for us to be able to further investigate, please let us know the RICs that you observe?

Thank you

Hello @anandakumar.subramaniam,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks,

-AHS

@anandakumar.subramaniam

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@anandakumar.subramaniam

I have tested both endpoints with IBM.N and they return the same SharesOutstanding value.

<CoGeneralInfo xmlns="http://www.reuters.com/ns/2006/05/01/webservices/rkd/CompanyContentCommon_1">
<SharesOut Date="2018-09-30" TotalFloat="907879572.0">908793777.0</SharesOut>
</CoGeneralInfo>

Please let me know the RIC that returns the different SharesOut values.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
327 2 2 2

Shares outstanding and market cap are part of get ratio reports service of api.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.