For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 0 3

What is the host, port and username i have to use for connecting to real time data via Elektron API C++

Hi there,

We just set up the account for Elektron C++ API in Refinitiv.

I tried the first example:

int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { try { AppClient client; OmmConsumer consumer( OmmConsumerConfig().host( "localhost:14002" ).username( "user" ) ); consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "DIRECT_FEED" ).name( "IBM.N" ), client ); sleep( 60000 );// API calls onRefreshMsg(), onUpdateMsg(), or onStatusMsg() } catch ( const OmmException& excp ) { cout << excp << endl; } return 0; }

I'm guessing i need the correct host with port and username. Where do i get these info from?

Also, what we are trying to do is to get real time prices of multpile Forex instruments in milliseconds. Which one is the best EMA? ETA?

Any guidance?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

In order to consume realtime data you need to connect to a server / feed.

This server / feed can either be

• in house at your organisation and managed by your internal Market Data team. In which case they would provide you with a host + username to use.
  • remote hosted server / connection - managed by Refinitiv. In which case your Refinitiv Account manager would be able to provide you with connection details. However, based on your profile details, I cannot ascertain who your account manager is - as you have not used your full name / corporate email or provided company name etc. If you can add a private comment with your details, I can try and identify your Account Manager

The iProv idea was just a temporary suggestion - to generate dummy data locally, which you can consume - allowing you to familiarise yourself with the API + examples until you get connected to a real feed / server.

I did also note that you have previously asked questions regarding Eikon. If you only have an Eikon account and no direct access to a realtime server / feed then you will not be able to use the realtime APIs such as ETA or EMA.

If you can add a private moderator only comment here with your full name, corporate email + company name, I can track down your account manager who should be able to explain just what type of connectivity you have.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

If you have a local infrastructure then your in-house Market Data team should be able to provide you details of the ADS servers + username etc.

If you are using an (offsite) Refinitiv managed connection then your Refinitiv Account Manager should be able to provide those details.

I did try to locate your Refinitiv Account Manager details but was unable to do so based on the details you provided when you created an account on this website.

In the meantime you can run the Consumer example against one of the simple Provider examples (e.g. IProvider\100_Series\100__MarketPrice__Streaming) on the same machine. The Provider example will publish some dummy data and the Consumer should then be able to connect to the Provider, consume and then display that dummy data.

In terms of API, for the majority of usage scenarios EMA is the recommended option. EMA is a ease of use layer on top of ETA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

Hi,

I have Refinitiv account and i submitted a ticket. From what i understood you mean that someone would reply on my request asking for host, port and username right?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

Also, i'm using the 100_MarketParice_Streaming but i get nothing. Could you please provide host name, port and sample username?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

Do i need to run IProv100 as well? The same time on the same pc?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.