Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Is there a way to access a full Ratings History in Eikon terminal if you enter a cusip (for a loan)?

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to access the full ratings history of a loan if I enter a cusip. Specifically I need to do this through the excel/vba api or python api. Also I would like to be able to find a full ratings history that can be exported to excel or a function in excel that will output the full ratings history. Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

@n.wlezien

That can be done using Tranche Cusip and retrieving rating of the issuer

ticker = '00030UAD9'
start = "2017-01-01"
end = "2019-01-01"
df, err = ek.get_data(ticker, ['TR.IssuerRating.date','TR.IssuerRating','TR.IssuerRating.RatingSourceDescription'], {'SDate': start, 'EDate': end})
df

You can add more parameters to a function e.g. by choosing only selected rating source

ek.get_data(ticker, ['TR.IssuerRating.date','TR.IssuerRating','TR.IssuerRating.RatingSourceDescription'], {'SDate': start, 'EDate': end, 'IssuerRatingSrc': 'MCF'})

I suggest you also to explore possibilities of building that formula using Eikon Excel Formula wizard to get the data directly in Excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.