question

Upvotes
Accepted
97 10 12 13

REDI API Setting ClientData

I have a trouble setting ClientData which I'd like to use for cancelling orders.

When I create an order, I do see "ClientData" field set on

CacheControlActions.Add/Update events. However, the following call does not cancel the order.

theApp.CancelOrder(clientdata,ref err);

Additionally when I restart the app this "ClientData" field in the

CacheControlActions.Snapshot shows an empty string.

-----------------------------------------

hOrder.Side = side;
hOrder.Symbol = sym;
hOrder.Quantity = quantity>1000.0? quantity=1: quantity;
hOrder.PriceType = "Limit";
hOrder.Price = price;
hOrder.Exchange = exch;
hOrder.TIF = "Day";
hOrder.Ticket = "Bypass";
hOrder.Account = acct;
hOrder.ClientData = "RAPI";

result = hOrder.Submit(err);

-------------------------------------

ClientData = GetCell(rediCache, row, "ClientData", out errCode).ToString().TrimStart();

apiredi-apiorder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@39783854-26aa-4fea-bc93-00b2ec21f8bb

Considering your query, we moved this question to the REDI API forum, it seems more appropriate and will help people discover it.

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.6k 248 52 74

@39783854-26aa-4fea-bc93-00b2ec21f8bb

From my test, I can call CancelOrder with ClientData when the ClientData is unique for each order.

For example, with the above data, I can call CancelOrder for RAPI101, RAPI300, and RAPI400. However, when I call CancelOrder for RAPI and RAPI200, the CancelOrder method returns false.

Could you please confirm if this is the same problem that you encountered?

rapi.jpg (11.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
97 10 12 13

Yes I am having the exact same issue. I thought maybe I can set clientdata field to group orders together and cancel them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hello,

We've confirmed that the ability to cancel orders by ClientData supports only one order at a time. We need to make some code changes to support more than one order.

Can you please speak with your account manager to raise an enhancement request?

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.