question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 1 1

MIgration from RFA to EMA

Hi there,

I see there are some reasons to migrate from RFA to EMA-API at least from developing point of view and some small performance increased. If there any chance in the upcoming future for RFA to be deprecated or to be out of support?

Kind regards,

Joseph

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtrfaelektron-message-apimigration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
591 3 2 3

Hi there,

The Elektron SDK (EMA, ETA) is our strategic API and it's where our our focus will be for new features and improvements. We would strongly recommend that any new applications being built use these APIs. As you mentioned, migrating existing applications can also have signification benefits in terms of code simplification and performance.

RFA is feature complete, we will continue to support it for the foreseeable future to ensure applications already built using it can continue operate.

Thanks

Iain

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

@iain.scott

Hello Lain

I already certified with Matching API (MAPI) for trading. I was told specifically to use RFA to get market data. Will EMA allow me to subscribe to market data and then use those price to trade in MAPI? Will EMA API integrate with any systems that currently integrated with RFA?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.