question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

How Expressions are accounted in DSWS request limits?

Hi,

For DSWS API i've found in the "DSWS user stats and limits" document this limitations for the getdata:

- Clients are required to stay under 10 million data points per month
- Maximum instruments per time series or snapshot request: 50
- Maximum datatypes per time series or snapshot request: 50
- Maximum instruments x datatypes cannot exceed 100

I was wondering how an expression is accounted, for example:

var expr = new DSInstrument("VOD(PL) + VOD(PH)", DSInstrumentProperties.IsExpression);
var datatypes = new DSDataTypes("X(MSVUSD)*x(MSFMCF)");

In the 1st example counts for 1 Instrument or 2?
In the 2nd example counts for 1 Datatype or 2?
What about data points count?

Thanks

apidatastream-apidsws-apiapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@marco.megna, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

@marco.megna

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@marco.megna

To answer your questions:

• In the 1st example counts for 1 Instrument or 2? Expression counts as one instrument.
  • In the 2nd example counts for 1 Datatype or 2? Expression counts as one data type.
  • What about data points count? Datapoints equal every data item returned. So number of series, multiplied by datatypes, multiplied by history.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HI,

Do we have the concept of unique Rics? Meaning if I get the historical data of FTSE 100 points three times per month. Is this would count as 300 or just 100 (unique)?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.